Treatment and Thumbnails

EDIT:

Can't forget to post the treatment. I thought it would be easier to have it in the thumbnails post since it isn't as long:
The story is about a dog keep the attention of an audience. The dog walks on stage in a bright suit and tries different acts and stunts to try and get the audience to react. First, the dog stands up on it's hind legs, a feat it thinks is pretty spectacular. Unfortunately, the audience stays silent. Then, the dog rushes back stage and comes out juggling balls while also balancing on a bigger ball. Again, no reaction. Finally, the dog brings out the big guns and goes for dramatics. It's cries and howls rival Shakespearean actors. The audience is in tears. Finally, the dog collapses, and “dies”. The audience cheers. Off screen, you hear the dog's owner begrudgingly say, “Fine, we'll go for a walk,” and the scene transitions into the real world. The owner walks by, and the dog, now without its suit, hops up and happily walks off screen.
Also, if any one of you lovely peeps reading this could help me think of a catchy title, that would be awesome. If I'm being honest, I haven't really been able to think of one, so fresh ideas for a title would really help.

As promised, here's my first pass at thumbnails for my film:



I referenced a dog getting up from lying down from this video:



I went frame by frame until the end. It seems like the front leads the action as the back legs stay closer to the ground before the dog starts walking forward. I tried to capture that in the thumbs so I'll remember. 

Also, I think I've figured out how I wanted the scene to change: I think I'm going to have something like a scrolling background follow the owner as they walk by, and the dog's tux will dissolve when the owner passes. It's not definitive if this'll be my final transition, but it's probably easier than what I originally planned.


0 comments: